Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Two Weeks In Photos

Well everyone I am still here!  That should be enough but if you need some specifics I can give them.  How about some photos showing what the last two weeks have thrown at me?

So Bass Pro has been good and bad, I have a list a mile long of fishing gear I want but on the plus side I have been getting ideas for new fly patterns to tie. 

So after my first week was over a storm rolled in and they closed the store.

This is what we thought was the reasons we had no power for a week. 

It turns out it was not the reason but did I mention we had no power for a week (okay a work week '5 days')

So I bought some materials I have never worked with and some that I just didn't want to send money on before and started tying flies by candle light.

While I was at work(with electricity)  and it was slow I was leaning about some new fishing spots near where we live.

Then on about day 3 or 4 of no power Sarah was so sick of hearing out neighbors generators that she came to work and shopped in Patriot place, and we went out for dinner.  I had a beer and felt smelly and stinky but refreshed.

There is my wife in front of Gillette stadium.

I found another pattern that I wanted to tie. 

Then in the candle light I tied a couple along with another bass bug. 

This is the other bass bug.  It latched onto this candle (Oh and check out Sarah''s puzzle in the background it's the Atlanta skyline)

Then we got new furniture (because what else do you do with no power but move furniture).

Somewhere around here we got power back and I finally unpacked my glass collection into our new hutch.  This was rounding out the second week of my new job and I had remembered how hard it was to fish when you have a full time job.  It is a funny trade working somewhere that I enjoy what I am doing versus actually fishing.  So Sunday after church I borrowed John's kayak and hit the pond to chase bass.

I did okay scoring two large mouths on a home made foam popper. 

This was my good one.  I caught it while standing on a rock near an island.  It was really windy and with no anchor I was having a hard time setting up on fish. 

Proof that it was a good fish.

Another short coming from working a full time job again is that fact that I now see my wife even less then when I was home all day.  Our lives do not  match up any more so Monday we both had a day off and jumped at the opportunity to see some more sites we live near.  So this past Monday we when to Plymouth to hang out and sight see a little. 

Thought this was cool.

We walked out on a jetty.

Saw lots of people using their boats

Walked in a cool historic section of town (by historic I am talking 1600's).

Sarah took a lot of great pictures and some of them can be seen on her blog (The Strength of Faith).

Well that is what I have been up too these couple weeks.  Sorry it was a lot of pictures but I thought that would be better then me babbling on for a couple internet pages. So I am going to try to be better about writing on my blog, and about fishing a little more.  Lastly look for a give away very soon. 

Thanks for reading


  1. You forgot to mention the fact that we didn't have any water for six days either. I think that's worth mentioning.

  2. Bruce,
    Great report, with photos to match.
    That map has some familiar fishing places.

    You have to visit Sandwich, and walk the boardwalk.
    While in Sandwich stop in Bobby Byrnes Pub and treat you and Sarah to his lobster mac n cheese.